Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Since I got my Nook tablet (which I'm now selling for monetary reasons, so if you're interested and you're from within the Philippines - preferably within Manila - please click here), I just went crazy hoarding books and reading everyday, schedule permitting.

Since I have so many books in my backlog, I've decided to list down the books that I have to prioritize finishing (which I keep on delaying…).

n87311 n396933 n2244 that-kind-of-guy140px-Bata,_Bata…_Pa’no_Ka_Ginawa_by_Lualhati_Bautista_Book_Cover n394323 n190686

  • War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (gaaaah I've been reading it for so many months now!)
  • The Serpent’s Shadow by Rick Riordan (my review of book one and book two)
  • That Kind of Guy by Mina V. Esguerra (I love these chick lits by Summit Books!)
  • A Room with a View by E. M. Forester
  • Bata, Bata, Pa’no Ka Ginawa by Lualhati Bautista
  • All Afternoon with a Scandalous Marquess by Alexandra Hawkins (read my review of the first four books in the series)
  • The Perfect Kiss by Anne Gracie

n157160Right now I’m reading the third book of the Merridew Sisters series The Perfect Stranger by Anne Gracie and I’m planning to read The Perfect Kiss next although I really must continue reading War and Peace… But I’ve read the past two books in the Merridew Sisters series and they’re quite fun and easy to read. I’ll see if I can write a review about them. Smile

I have so many more books to read but these are the ones I’m aiming to finish soon. Especially War and Peace! I’m not required to read it or anything. I just feel like I should finish the book for my own, personal satisfaction. I do enjoy reading classic books but…this one is severely testing my enduring power when it comes to reading classics. Hehehe. I don’t have a problem with the length of the story (I’ve read Gone with the Wind and the Shadowplay series after all) but this one is really just… I have no words for it. Perhaps afterwards I’ll write my whole experience with the book!

220px-The_rise_of_nine_official_book_coverJust a head’s up, the third book in the Lorien Legacies after I am Number Four and The Power of Six, The Rise of Nine is coming out this month. Are you excited? I know I am! The Power of Six left me on a lurch and I really want to know how the story goes.

How about you guys, any interesting book you’re currently reading and would like to recommend? Let me know your thoughts! Smile