Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Title:     Only the Good Spy Young [Gallagher Girls, book 4]
Author:  Ally Carter
Rating:  ★★★

Oh gosh, Only the Good Spy Young made me feel so many emotions in the few hours I've been reading the book - ranging from shock, disbelief, excitement, happiness, amazement, sadness, and anticipation. I must confess, I read the second to fourth books in one day, and I'm still planning to read the fifth book tonight, after writing this. I consider myself a Gallagher Girl now, not because I have hidden super spy skills but because I'm totally fangirling.

When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn’t know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that’s exactly what happened two months ago when Cammie faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her.

Now the danger follows her everywhere, and even Cammie “The Chameleon” can’t hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent, Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers—or even her own heart.

In this fourth installment of the New York Times best-selling series, the Gallagher Girls must hack, spy, steal, and lie their way to the truth.as they go searching for answers, recognizing that the key to Cammie’s future may lie deep in the past.


I really didn't expect this plot when I saw the cover. I mean, the cover is in pink. It's the same girl with an umbrella. No, I didn't read the plot summary because I didn't want any spoilers. But I'm really feeling glad now that I didn't read the Gallagher Girls series before because I'd probably just be screaming in frustration if I had to wait years for the last book.

I tried to imagine in my mind's eye the scene where they have to sneak inside sub-level 2 and get past all the security. It was hard. It was challenging. It took four girls to bypass all the security. But you know what was most impressive of all? It's that Rachel Cameron-Morgan was able to do it on her own. I don't think it was highlighted much in the minds of the others, with all the flurry and explosions and running around that went on in the book, but this has officially cemented the fact that Rachel Cameron-Morgan is the best spy in the world.

Hah. I'm proven right about Zach. The previous two books, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy and Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover, had very subtle hints. I felt like, well, a Gallagher Girl when my theory was right.

This fourth book was...frustrating. Not because it wasn't well-written. Oh it was. It's filled with even more action, and real-life application of the lessons they've learned from hunky Mr. Joe Solomon the past three books. It was exciting. It's...a cliffhanger. And for the first time, I actually wish I live with them.

Have fun reading ;)