Thursday, March 21, 2013


Let's turn this into a blog hop!



Welcome to the That One Line meme! 'That One Line' is a weekly meme created and hosted by me, Goldie, of My Book Musings, relating a particular sentence/phrase/paragraph that you find particularly striking. I usually post on Thursdays!

Don't forget to add your link so others can check out your post and, hopefully, be inspired as I've been! I've found it so interesting to read the quotes shared by others and their insights, if any.

It should be from a book although quotes related to reading are also welcome. It doesn’t have to be a book that you just finished but can be something that you read before and just want to share it.


My entry for this week is a tribute to one of my favorite, most memorable years in high school. It was the time I was asked to "modernize" the work of Shakespeare into mainstream English for a class play. My teacher encouraged me to not stop writing...unfortunately I didn't continue. Drat.

I'm talking about Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream, which I truly enjoyed. I was actually reading Sandman when I remembered Shakespeare's awesome work. I could really feel the emotion, the angst behind those words, even if I'm just envisioning how it is being said in my head!

Hermia: His folly, Helena, is no fault of mine.
Helena: None, but your beauty! Would that fault were mine!

Have you ever read a book wherein you can just feel the anguish based on the author's play on words? Do tell!

Since this is now a blog hop, don't forget to follow follow follow back whoever follows you from this list! :)



2 comments:

  1. I'm not really a fan of Shakespeare because he's a playwright and I really find it hard to understand his works. I remember when my high school English teacher asked us to read and analyze Macbeth. I just ended up Google-ing the summary of it. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh. I like Shakespeare but I know it's not for everyone :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you readers. Thank you for not leaving spam on my posts.

I usually reply to your comments so make sure to visit again! :)