Friday, March 29, 2013



Welcome to My Book Musings! Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee’s View and Alison Can Read. It’s purpose is to gain and meet new friends and followers. I love seeing the weekly questions because I enjoy mulling over my books, or other reading-related matters.

If you're already following me via GFC and Linky, do follow me via Twitter and Pinterest if you have an account. I'm so glad to see more people following me via my Bloglovin' account! To all my followers there, thank you! If you're not yet following there, you're very welcome to do so.

This week's question brings me back to 13 years ago...

Q: Tell us about the most emotional scene you’ve ever read in a book – and how did you react?

The book that got me bawling like a baby was Nicholas Spark's A Walk to Remember. I was 12 years old then, sitting on my bed holding a handkerchief. My sister found me crying, not sniffling, doing the whole waterworks while I read the part where Jamie stood up from her wheelchair to walk down the aisle and get married to her miracle. Sadly' the movie didn't do much for me, but the book still makes me cry to this day.

That was the first and last time so far that I cried that much over a book. And it's one of my favorites to date.

Has anyone else bawled over a book like I did? Share yours!


13 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything from Nicholas Spark. I have linked him with sad stories and so I avoid him. lol
    Here is my FF http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/03/feature-and-follow-7-emotional-scenes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I avoid books like that, because I hate crying! I bawled at the end of Clockwork Prince, though XD Thanks for stopping by my FF post!! New GFC Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can always cry over Nicholas Spark. At least that's what I think. ;) Haven't read this book though.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read any of Nicholas Spark's books but I've heard that they're all emotionally charged. Have a great Friday! Old follower.
    Traci @ My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the movie, which i love, but haven't read the book or any of his books for that matter. Good answer though.

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-and-follow-41.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one's my answer too! When she gets off that wheelchair... *sigh* I was just bawling my eyes out really. I remember my family giving me weird looks and stating, it's just a book. Once I forced my sister to read it, well we were just settled in a corner surrounded by tissues. ;)

    Do stop by my FF. Old Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I cried at A Walk To Remember even though it wasn't that surprising.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of his books seem to make me cry. Every darn time.
    Kristin @Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen the movie but still have to read this.

    old follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're the second person who chose this book today. I watched the movie, but never read the book. Which was a bad idea, but what's done is done. I definitely have to find time to read the book, though.
    Here's mine: Feature & Follow
    ~Anastasia
    -New Follower (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only book I've read by Nicholas Sparks is The Notebook, and I was pregnant with my son at the time. Anything could make me cry at the drop of a hat, so you can probably imagine how much I cried during that book, lol.

    New follower. :D http//donniedarkogirl.blogspot.com Sorry, I'm on my phone, and it isn't letting me post a direct link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm yet to read A Walk To Remember (sad, I know). Everyone who has read it seems to have cried! Awesome answer!

    Thanks for stopping by my F&FF earlier. Happy reading and have a great weekend! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Following you. Cute blog.
    http://kasi-kcblake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you readers. Thank you for not leaving spam on my posts.

I usually reply to your comments so make sure to visit again! :)