Monday, August 12, 2013


I found this cool survey from Kimberly of Love YA Books, but this is from Jamie of Perpetual Page Turner. I love answering surveys, and since this is about books, I totally enjoyed answering it! It was good to reminisce, and realize things about my book behavior/past that I didn't even know :)

author you've read the most books from:
Francine Pascal, definitely. My Sweet Valley love affair began when I was seven, and eighteen years later, I still buy and read her books.
best sequel ever:
This one is hard. Uhm...I hope The Heroes of Olympus series qualifies?
currently reading:
Executive Actions by Gary Grossman. The book just took an interesting twist, and I can't get the book out of my mind!
drink of choice while reading:
Preferably, I don't do anything while reading because doing something else just distracts me, so I don't really have a drink on hand while curled up with a book.
e-reader or physical book:
Both! My Nook is very handy when I'm traveling out of town or out of the country, but I still bring books along because I like holding a book, collecting them, and they don't run out of battery ;)
fictional character you'd have dated in high school:
If I was too young for Mr. Darcy, I'd go for Artemis Fowl. I'm a sucker for intelligent men.
glad you gave this book a chance:
Evil Water by Inger Wolf. I was hesitant to read this because I know it's a chilling murder, but I have no regrets about it!
hidden gem book:
Also Known As by Robin Benway.
important moment in your reading life:
I was six years old, and in prep. One day my teacher grabbed my hand and led me somewhere, and someone gave me a prize and a certificate. I didn't know what was happening until I tore off the wrapping and inscribed on the inside of the cover was a note congratulating me for winning the Bookworm of the Year award. Hahaha. I didn't realize back then that I was always in the school library, bringing a book home everyday. That was the first time I found out I love books! :))
just finished:
John Grisham's The Confession. It was so disturbing, I'm still writing words in my head if I ever make a review.
kinds of books you won't read:
Books wherein the hero/heroine engages in intercourse with werewolves/vampires/animals. The Twilight series was the last book I've read with that kind of thing going on. Not my thing.
longest book you've read:
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. Definitely. That took me two years, and I just finished last May :D
major book hangover because of:
Books: Harry Potter series. Whenever I see the movie on TV, I still watch it every time. And seeing the movies makes me want to reread all the Harry Potter books all over again.
number of bookcases you own:
Six: One floor to ceiling shelf that spans one whole wall and six stand-alone bookshelves. Then I have two huge plastic cases which I also filled with books because I have nowhere else to put them.
one book you have read multiple times:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen <3 div="">
preferred place to read:
In my bed. I could read for hours so I like being comfortable and not moving.
quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels:
Well, this doesn't inspire me, but it definitely thrilled me to my toes: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." - Rhett Butler to Scarlet in Gone with the Wind. It's the one quote I can state from memory!
reading regret:
Reading Rage of Angels when I was still very young and impressionable. I used to want to be a lawyer, but that turned me off my plan. It definitely scarred me!
series you started & need to get around to finishing:
Ally Carter's Heist Society and Anne of Green Gables series. I've only read up to the third book!
three of your all-time favorite books:
Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice; Garth Nix's Sabriel; and Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. I have a lot more other favorites, but these are the ones I have reread the most.
unapologetic fangirl for:
Eoin Colfer! Seriously.
very excited for this release more than all the others:
Twilight with the Infamous Earl by Alexandra Hawkins. I'm anticipating Frost's downfall!!!

worst bookish habit:
I cannot stop reading a book even though it's very late and I need sleep and I have to wake up in three hours. When I'm enjoying a book, I just read until I finish it. I really have to learn to stop though because it's bad for my health!
x marks the spot - the 27th book on your shelf:
A Woman Clothed in the Sun by Delaney. It's my dad's.
your latest book purchase:
Winter and Night by S. J. Rozan. I bought that a few months ago, and I had to stop buying because I still have a lot of unread books!
zzz-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
John Grisham's The Confession. I finished before 2am this morning!

Super enjoyed this A-Z Bookish Survey. Thanks again to Jamie of Perpetual Page Turner! What about you, what are your 27 tidbits? :)