Friday, September 28, 2012

FF_2012

Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee’s View and Alison Can Read. It’s purpose is to gain and meet new friends and followers. I’ve definitely met some new ones and found really beautiful blogs! Smile

This week’s question is:

Q: What is the BIGGEST word you've seen used in a book lately - that made you stop and look it up? Might as well leave the definition & book too.

What a great timing! The other day, I came across this new word that I’ve never read before and I did look it up (thank God for online dictionaries!) but unfortunately, I cannot remember which book it was from.

The word is internecine, which is an adjective that means “(of conflict) within a group or organization”, according to my beloved WordWeb dictionary, or “Characterized by bloodshed and carnage for both sides”.

I feel bad I cannot share the book though! But it really made me stop and look it up because it’s the first time I read such a word.

Ciao Smile

12 comments:

  1. Awesome word, Internecine! Loving the explanation! I must use it daily!
    I'm a new follower, hooray!
    Thanks for stopping by my FF's for this week Book Me! and
    Carmen Jenner Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new follower through GFC =)
    I've quite honestly never heard that word (and also read it wrong the first time...)
    Rinn
    http://rinnreads.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I followed you back. I love your blog design! :)

      Delete
  3. Hopping through. I've seen that word before but don't think I fully knew the meaning.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. great word, and i have seen it before, too bad you can't share the book.
    Here is mine
    Follow Friday Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wish I could remember the book! Thanks for hopping by :D

      Delete
  5. Nice word internecine! :)

    New follower! Hopping by. And this is my ff:

    http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this word either.

    New follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you readers. Thank you for not leaving spam on my posts.

I usually reply to your comments so make sure to visit again! :)