Wednesday, February 6, 2013


Welcome to the That One Line meme! 'That One Line' is a weekly meme I created, which is about a particular sentence/phrase/paragraph that I found particularly striking. It should be from a book although quotes related to reading are also welcome. It doesn’t have to be a book that I just finished but can be something that I read before and I just want to share it. If you’re doing this meme too, post a comment with a link to your post so we can read it! :)

I have not read any good quotes in the books I’ve read lately so I looked at one of my ever-favorite books, Pride and Prejudice. And also because I’m still on a high from this week’s Feature & Follow question!

My chosen quote for this week is one that I suspect has caused many-a-sighs when we read it.

“In vain have I struggled. It will not do.
My feelings will not be repressed.
You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”

Do I even have to state who said this fantastic, swoon-worthy line? Jane Austen, of course. Haha I kid. It was said by Mr. Darcy to the darn lucky Elizabeth Bennet.

When I read this line, after all those thrilling Mr. Darcy moments, I just swooned and felt thrilled all the way to my toes. I’m not even exaggerating! There are really just some book lines that can make you feel thrilled, or even sad. Such is the power of a well-written book, don’t you think?

How about you, read any swoon-worthy lines lately?

Happy musings! :)