I love reading books about witches, especially if they’re the fun, chick-lit variety such as Kimberly Frosts’ books, or the tweeny and light Sabrina Spellman books, or the slightly serious Charmed series books. That’s why I am so happy that today I found this reading challenge that would be right up my ally! I don’t usually do reading challenges (except that of Goodreads’ because I like challenging myself to reading new books), but this one just excites me, and I knew I had to do it.
Welcome to the 2013 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge, hosted by Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf. The purpose is to read books with a witch hero/heroine or with major witchcraft themes.
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 - Dec 31, 2013. I will be posting a place to link up a sign-up post (below), reviews and a wrap-up post. (Note: You do not have to review the books to participate, but only those who link up reviews will be entered for the prize)
- Grab the reading challenge button (code & button below) and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate- you could track your progress and post reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, etc.
- Any full length book that includes a witch as a main character or major witchcraft elements counts. They may be fiction or non-fiction. However, they should not be reference books which are not read cover to cover-I will leave this to your discretion.
- Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge.
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- Have some Witchy Good Fun !!!
I’m hoping that my Buffy and Charmed comics could be counted, but if not, I’m going to have to start hunting more witchy books.
Initiate: Read 1 - 5 Witchy Books
Maiden: Read 6 - 10 Witchy Books
Mother: Read 11 - 15 Witchy Books
Crone: Read 16 - 20 Witchy Books
This is a first: I am so hoping to be a crone! You can become one too, by signing up through the sign-up post. If you already have a book review for January, you can also link up your ‘bewitching’ review. I think there’s a prize for that :) But really, discovering new interesting witchy books is a prize unto itself! Thanks for hosting this, Melissa! :)