Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I accidentally overwrote my original post, completely deleting it so I have to start again Disappointed smile

Welcome to the That One Line meme! ‘That One Line’ is a weekly meme I created, which is about a particular sentence/phrase/paragraph that I found particularly striking. It should be from a book although quotes related to reading are also welcome. It doesn’t have to be a book that I just finished but can be something that I read before and I just want to share it. If you’re doing this meme too, post a comment with a link to your post so we can read it! :)

I was reading A Seduction in Scarlet (Aphrodite’s Club 01) by Sara Bennett (sorry, no reviews for that one) and I came across these lines from one of the secondary characters, Minnie. It goes like this:

“Imagine waking up and being too old to fulfill your dreams because you

put mundane matters first? How awful! And who would care about your disappointment apart from you? One must follow one’s star, Portia, not turn one’s back on it.”

This line really struck a chord with me because it is really true that we are often hampered by the opinions of others, even when what we want to do is not morally wrong or illegal. Sometimes, we just want to have fun but we become too scared because society frowns upon it.

One of the factors behind my decision to do something is the fact that life is too short. In one blink, you might find yourself at the end of the road filled with regrets for the things you were afraid to do. I don’t want to live like that. I just want to be happy, as I’m sure others do too.

How about you, read any good lines lately? Smile