Tuesday, July 9, 2013

After a really fun Saturday, I got home to this:

I was like, huh?

And when I turned it over...
Tada!
I can't believe he did send me a postcard! I emailed him last May after writing my Remember this? post about Sabriel by Garth Nix, thanking him for the awesome Old Kingdom series, and that I wrote about him. It says on his website you can ask for a postcard from him, so I mustered up the courage to ask for one because isn't it just so incredible to receive a little something from an author you love? Yes, that's actually his writing. It says his publicist writes out the address then he just writes a note for those who email him.

Thank you, Garth Nix! I'm now more motivated than ever to go out and buy more of his books.

And because I'm still on a high from this postcard, I'll do you one by posting your links:

Garth Nix
Author of the Old Kingdom series (Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen) and the Seventh Tower sequence, among others
www.garthnix.com
www.facebook.com/garth.nix
www.facebook.com/pages/Garth-Nix/104277129574
Twitter: @garthnix

More power to you! :)

4 comments:

  1. That's really awesome! I'm so happy for you that you received a real postcard like that :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was awesome. I thought it wasn't going to arrive since it's been over a month, but there you go! :)

      Delete
  2. That's so sweet. Yay! I'm sure that'll go on your prized possessions shelf, Goldie. Nice stuff.

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of my prized possessions. I never imagined I'd get to interact with the author of one of my favorite books! And I wouldn't have had the courage to contact him if I didn't start blogging :)

      Thanks for visiting, Sarika. Have a nice day! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you readers. Thank you for not leaving spam on my posts.

I usually reply to your comments so make sure to visit again! :)