Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It's been a while since I participated in challenges/memes by other people but this one grabbed my attention because it seems pretty interesting!

I got it from Good Books, Good Wine. Come, friends, and let's dish out ;)


For today, we make 15-book related confessions, and here are mine:

1) I cannot stand love triangles. If you love someone, you love someone, and others shouldn't butt in between two people in a relationship (unless one of the parties is getting abused). The third book in the Twilight series, Eclipse, is one of my most disliked triangles - when Bella kisses Jacob and she turns to him for warmth. I mean come on, you love Edward and you're totally confused by this other guy?! (No crack jokes about their reality, please :p)

2) I used to love Nicholas Sparks' books but now I avoid them like the plague because I don't want to read tear-jerkers anymore. I don't like the feeling of getting so emotional over a book, with snot dripping down your face every 15 minutes. They say it's good for the soul, but I haven't read any of his books in years. Ditto for Mitch Albom.

3) I have about 20 James Patterson books because for one year, I was just obsessed with his murder books...

4) ...But I don't love all of them. For me, his books are a hit or a miss, but I still buy them anyway because I'm hoping the next book will be better.

5) I have almost all of John Grisham's books, and it is due to him that I learned a lot about tort. Tort fascinates me. And my love of his books helped me immensely in my law class back in college - I seemed so knowledgeable, but actually it was due to fiction. Who said fiction can't help you in real life, right? :p

6) I am never into the bad guy. Ever. Both in books and in real life.

7) I have never read the Fifty Shades trilogy, and I was quite shocked to know that my friends, who are usually so demure, are so into the books. When I ask them, they say they skipped 'those' parts, which I don't get because from what I understand, that's a huge part of who the guy is, and an expression of his inner demons.

8) I used to ask my ex why he doesn't do or say the romantic things I read in historical romance books, and he'd get very frustrated as to why I believe those things. What, you cannot dedicate your life and money to making me happy?

9) Once I like a book by an author, I tend to explore all of his/her books and buy almost all of them until I get bored. This means I have a lot of books per author. This probably makes my favorite authors quite happy :-) (Note: This hasn't happened to me, yet, with Eoin Colfer and Rick Riordan though!)

10) Once I like a book and I don't have it, I spend years tracking it down or trying to find a way to get a copy -- like with the SVU Thrillers and Elizabeth series of Sweet Valley, and Gordon Korman's McDonald Hall series.

11) I have an insane fascination with the Cosmpolitan books in the Philippines. They're like my guilty pleasures.

12) I like big books and I cannot lie. The thicker the better. I get so happy when a book I've been waiting for has about 700+ pages. I feel like my purchase was justified.

13) I bought How to Walk in High Heels by Camilla Morton and try to apply that in my life :))

14) I never really noticed the cover of books until I started blogging. What matters to me is the content. But new authors only grab my attention with a good cover. Old authors don't need to have good covers, for me. I just grab them when I see it's from a series/author I like.

15) I am still for team paper books, despite my love for my Nook, but I only buy paper copies if I think they are books I would want to add to my overflowing library.

What about you, luv, what's your confession?

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your answers.
    I too stalked e-bay for the SVH Vampire trilogy. Very cool. I loved SVH & SVTwins from WAAAAAY back.

    I LOVE Grishams books! In boarding school my friend Dan got the newest Grisham sent to him by his Dad and he lent me the first one and I was HOOKED. That was in 93/94.

    Magazines are a huge guilty pleasure of mine. I get so many in the mail I always tip my mail carrier at Christmas.

    Have a wonderful day, cant wait to read your other posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's really sweet of you Bella. I commented on your blog too :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you readers. Thank you for not leaving spam on my posts.

I usually reply to your comments so make sure to visit again! :)