Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I've been so busy at work that I haven't had the time to sit down and get my thoughts in order to write a review. However, I was lucky enough to squeeze in some books to drive the stress away.

I read Candace Camp's Matchmaker series and I enjoyed almost all of them! My favorite of the series is the last, The Courtship Dance. I actually had goosebumps from so much anticipation while reading it!

I also (finally!) finished book one of War and Peace. I usually don't take ages to read a classic book (i.e. Pride and Prejudice) or very long books (i.e. Gone With the Wind) but this one is really testing my perseverance and curiosity for classics and Tolstoy's works. I have started on book two and the story seems to be interesting so far. Howeer, since I have the actual book (which is really heavy) I can't lug it around wherever I go. I think reading it requires a certain disposition to actually enjoy it. Hehe. Excuses, excuses.

On my Nook, I started reading Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, but I'm thinking of buying the hardbound copy of it, if I can find one here. Sadly, I can't find one yet in my favorite bookstores (if you know where I can buy one, please let me know!).

So that's about it. Holiday's coming up, but I have work. Sad. How are you all getting along? Read any good books lately? :)