Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Welcome to the That One Line meme! ‘That One Line’ is a weekly meme I created, which is about a particular sentence/phrase/paragraph that I found particularly striking. It should be from a book although quotes related to reading are also welcome. It doesn’t have to be a book that I just finished but can be something that I read before and I just want to share it. If you’re doing this meme too, post a comment with a link to your post so we can read it! :)

For this week, I actually just stumbled upon quotes by Anaïs Nin. I am quite in a thrall with her words, although I have actually never read any of her works. Not that I'm not interested. I am, actually, but I'm not sure yet if I'm ready now to read her works. And since today is my birthday, I decided to share one of her quotes that I really felt applicable to me.


There were always in me, two women at least, one woman desperate and bewildered, who felt she was drowning and another who would leap into a scene, as upon a stage, conceal her true emotions because they were weaknesses, helplessness, despair, and present to the world only a smile, an eagerness, curiosity, enthusiasm, interest.
― Anaïs Nin


Happy musings. :)