Thursday, January 24, 2013

Yesterday, January 23, was my birthday, and I really had a blast! Plus, my family and boyfriend gave me a lot of books. And I mean a lot.

My sweet family gave me the Giver, Messenger, and Gathering Blue, which is part of my wish list. The only one missing now is the fourth book, Son!

20130123_084502

The boyfriend, on the other hand, gave me free rein on which books to buy, as long as they’re within his price limit. Hurrah! Looking around online bookstores, I managed to buy:

Jerry Spinelli’s Picklemania (with a free Report to the Principal’s Office book!) | If You’re Reading This, It’s Too Late by Bosch | The Shadow of the Wind and The Angel’s Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon | Ally Carter’s Heist Society | James Patterson’s Private and Sunday’s at Tiffany’s | and Beth Harbison’s Secrets of a Shoe Addict.

I also managed to buy George du Maurier’s Trilby, Daphne du Maurier’s Rebecca, and Archie Marries from Fully Booked. I was supposed to pay for these but the sweet boyfriend didn’t accept my payment. Isn’t that sweet? <3

20130123_204956

Last, but not the least, I got a book for review,From This Day Forward by Marla Miniano.

20130123_205145

I’m so excited to get cracking on all my books! I don’t know when I’ll finally finish my TBR pile as I have work, study several voluntary online classes, trying to finish War and Peace, finish watching The Mentalist (hurray for Patrick Jane!), and spend time with friends and family. But I’m really happy that I got so many books crossed off my wish list. Smile

1 comments:

I love hearing from you readers. Thank you for not leaving spam on my posts.

I usually reply to your comments so make sure to visit again! :)