Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Before I commence with my That One Line post for this week, I just want to say hello to my new followers and thanks for visiting and following me! Smile It’s so nice to hear from all of you and read your posts and discover new books and rediscover old ones. Sorry for the late reply to your comments, I’m usually not online during weekends and my availability during weekdays varies. Thankfully I had my day off today so I’m able to update!

Welcome to the That One Line meme! ‘That One Line’ is a weekly meme I created, which is about a particular sentence/phrase/paragraph that I found particularly striking. It should be from a book although quotes related to reading are also welcome. It doesn’t have to be a book that I just finished but can be something that I read before and I just want to share it. If you’re doing this meme too, post a comment with a link to your post so we can read it! :)

6583234I have been reading Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms book 1) over the weekend and I really what the author said there:

“She had no magic and she was off to spend the rest of the night serving in a soup kitchen. But she’d be doing it with Jasper, and that seemed to make al the difference.”

Sounds cheesy, right? But I really liked this line because, well for one thing, Jasper is the name of my boyfriend (Jasper Paolo) although I usually call him Pao. Secondly, I can actually relate to that line! There have been so many instances that I’ve had to go somewhere or attend this and that, but since I was with my man, it didn’t seem so bad or at least I enjoyed myself. This just doesn’t apply to him, though, I also feel that way when I’m with my sister/best friend and my other girl friends.

Don’t you just love book lines that you can totally relate to? Have you ever felt that way? Would love to hear from you Smile