Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Title:        The Power of Six (Book Two of the Lorien Legacies)
Author:     Pittacus Lore
Rating:     ★★★★★

220px-The-Power-of-Six1
The story of the seven remaining alien Gardes on earth continues with the Power of Six. If you haven’t read the previous book, I Am Number Four, check out our review here!

I initially thought that The Power of Six talks about Garde #6, but it is actually about all the remaining six teens. With number seven managing to find and join forces with number four, the two embark on a journey across the country in their quest to find the four other powerful teens. John starts dreaming about the day they left their planet Lorien and he insists that he saw another rocket leaving at the same time.

The world is in a frenzy because unexplainable things keep happening around the two of them. Furthermore, the other Gardes are being attacked. Four and seven come to the rescue of the others and a twist is thrown into the story: the second rocket John keeps dreaming about actually had the tenth alien.

The story ends on a very frustrating note because…well you just want to find out how the story will really end! I love the story, but I wish I waited for the third book before I read the series so that I don’t have to wait so long just to finish it.

If you’re wondering what happened to John and Sarah…well. It’s not pretty. That’s all I will say about the matter.

According to its official website, the next book will be out on August this year. That’s a good eight months away. I’m quite excited Open-mouthed smile

Thoughts?