Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I was ecstatic the other day to see the cover of the upcoming series-ender for Artemis Fowl, which is titled  The Last Guardian. It is actually the eighth book and is slated to be released on the 10th of July. Although here in the Philippines, it might arrive a little later. There are actually two covers, one for the US edition and one for the UK.



USAToday published an excerpt of the book, which you can read here if you like. I haven't read it, yet, actually. Personally, I don't like reading advance chapters of a book because it just drives me crazy if I can't read the whole book, especially if it's pretty good!

I'm actually sad that Artemis Fowl is ending. I have loved it for ten years, since I first sat down, borrowed a copy from a schoolmate, and realized I had already read so many chapters before my schoolmate asked for it back. I've loved it then and I still love it.

However, I also think it's time for the series to end. Sadly, I didn't enjoy The Atlantis Complex as much as I did the previous other books. I felt like it was not as spectacular as the previous six books. I'm glad though that Eoin didn't suddenly end the series and left us hanging. I think that he's a wonderful author and he can create a whole new series that will be just as fantastic. And I'll be waiting for that.

How about you? Are you looking forward to reading the eighth book?