Wednesday, March 2, 2011


I. am. seriously. broke.

Okay, no not really but I can't afford to buy a lot of books this year unless I get a regular job by the 2nd half of the year.

Let's see.

I earn p5k/month, which is p2500 every 2 weeks.  I pay for my daily expenses (if any since my office is near my home and I bring lunch most of the time) and I pay for all the costs for my thesis.  I'm also paying for my personal insurance (I've set up a TD for this instead of paying a premium) and this March, I'm going to enroll in Alliance Francaise, which will cost me P3990 + commute.  I'll be left with just the minimum amount I need to earn interest for my account.  My boyfriend won't buy me anymore books for this year because he bought me an iPod Touch 4g last Feb, as per agreement.

So unless I find really cheap books (around P50), I'm going to have to be content with ebooks.

I need to get a regular job. I can't last without my books.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem too. My salary as a medical resident is minuscule. So what I did was get a freelance project and used the proceeds to buy a Kindle. I bought mine second hand (almost brand new) for P6,000 in ebay.ph. Super worth it. The screen is paperback gray and very handy. All you have to do is download stuff from google or torrent. Haven't spent a cent for books since then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a lot of ebooks as well but I still prefer reading actual books because I collect them. There's something about holding an actual book that excites me :))

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you readers. Thank you for not leaving spam on my posts.

I usually reply to your comments so make sure to visit again! :)